324 E Wisconsin Ave, # 1111, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202

Call Now for your Free Consultation


Hayes & Rothstein

Should I appear in court for my underage consumption ticket if it doesn’t require me to?

Question: I have received a ticket for underage consumption that does not require me to appear in court. This is my first offense. I was not booked and I was released and allowed to carry on my night after receiving my ticket. Just not sure if it is worth my time to go to court if I would have to plead guilty anyways. Also, if I do go ahead and pay the ticket my license will not be suspended correct?

Answer: One of the key considerations in your situation is that the law enforcement officer did not book you. Because no fingerprints were taken, a record of the arrest will not be created with the Wisconsin Department of Justice Central Information Bureau or with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (NCIC). A conviction for this offense, however, would be reported to the Wisconsin Motor Vehicle Department. It will appear on your driving record abstract. The Court could order a driver license suspension of up to 90 days. There is also an issue of whether the conviction will appear on Wisconsin Circuit Court Access, also known as Circuit Court Automation Program. There are many reasons why you should fight the case. You should discuss the details of your case with a knowledgeable attorney.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.